420gm Kangkang Ipoh Hor Fun
5 stalks chye sim
5 shittake mushrooms, sliced
1 litre chicken stock
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp dark soya sauce
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1½ tsp sesame oil
10g rock sugar
2 tbsp cornflour
Pot of water to blanch Kangkang Ipoh hor fun.
Bring 1 litre chicken stock to a boil and add 1 tbsp light soya sauce, ½ tsp dark soya sauce, 3 tbsp oyster sauce, 1½ tsp sesame oil, 10g rock sugar. And then turn down heat to a simmer and add in sliced mushrooms. Stir well.
Mix cornflour with 1 tbsp water and add this mixture into the broth to thicken the sauce.
Blanch chye sim for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
Blanch beansprouts for 15 seconds, drain and set aside.
Lastly blanch Kangkang Ipoh Hor Fun for 30 seconds and place it in a soup plate.
Place blanched vegetables on the Hor Fun, pour over broth. Place grilled char siew lamb chop on top. Garnish and serve.
Char Siew Lamb Chop Ingredients
18 rib lamb chops, well trimmed
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon water
- Whisk all the ingredients in small bowl.
- Transfer to large resealable plastic bag.
- Add lamb; seal bag and mix to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 6 hours or better still overnight.
- Once marinated, drain lamb, leaving some marinade clinging.
- Grill lamb until slightly charred and cooked to desired doneness, about 2 1/2 minutes per side.
- Whilst grilling, baste the lb with the marinade.
- Once cook, transfer to noodles and serve.